Repeat calculation until monitor screen value is within + 1 percent of desired reading.
desired reading cannot be obtained, notify shift leader or bargemaster that liquid level indicator must be replaced
and IGS should be notified.
(1) Empty storage tank as given in paragraph 3-6.2
(2) Tag and disconnect wires
(3) Disconnect two piping unions connecting liquid level indicator
(4) Remove liquid level indicator
Disassembly and repair
(1) Unclamp transmitter which includes switches
(2) Unclamp flag channel assembly from casing
(3) Remove top and bottom end caps and remove float assembly from inside of casing.
(4) Wipe clean flag channel assembly
(5) Reinstall new ROLI transmitter, visual flag channel assembly and switches as necessary Orient parts as shown
in Transamerica Delaval Drawing No 87707 In Appendix B.
(1) Install liquid level indicator with two unions to tank
(2) Connect wires tagged previously
(3) Refill tank and recalibrate liquid level sensor as given In 4-7 2.10 1
4-7.2.11. Reserve tank liquid level indicator. Replace indicator as follows
(1) Empty reserve tank as follows
Close drinking valves DW13 and DW16
Open drain cock valve on reserve tank and empty tank
Close drain cock
(2) Disconnect two piping unions connecting liquid level indicator.
(3) Remove tank liquid level Indicator.
(1) Install liquid level Indicator and connect to unions
(2) Fill reserve tank from storage tank as given in paragraph 3-8 1 or from other vessel or shore supply as given
in paragraph 3-8 2.
4-7.2.12. Washdown stations
4-188.8.131.52. Piping and valves. Replace piping or valves, including washdown hose assembly nozzle, or repack worn or
damaged valves according to procedures in TM 55-503.
4-184.108.40.206. Washdown hose. Repair leaking hose with tape or replace fittings Replace hose when not repairable.