c. Removal. (Figure 2-79) (USMC)
(1) Loosen two unions (4) without removing the two meter coupling nuts or separating the unions.
(2) Remove nuts (1), lockwashers (2), and mounting bracket (3).
(3) Separate the unions (4).
(4) Remove the meter (5) with union (4), nipple (8), and piping (9) still attached.
(5) Do not remove stud (6) or nuts (7) from panel (10).
(6) Remove nipple (8) and piping (9) from meter.
(1) Remove dirt from mounting bracket, flowmeter, mounting block, and control panel.
(2) Remove pitting, corrosion, and fungus from the flowmeter mounting bracket and mounting block.
(3) Remove dirt and corrosion from the threads of the screws, nuts, and pipe unions.
(1) Inspect the flowmeter glass, metering venturi, and coupling nuts for damage.
(2) Inspect threads of screws, nuts, and pipe unions for damage.
(3) Inspect wrench seats on unions and meter couplers.
(4) Check broken and bent screw stems.
(5) Check lockwashers for compression.
f. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
(2) Replace damaged tube assemblies and pipe fittings.
(3) Replace or straighten damaged or bent mounting bracket.
(4) Replace damaged or unserviceable flowmeter.
(5) Send damaged flowmeters to Direct Support Maintenance.
g. Installation. (Figure 2-78) (ARMY)
Pipe unions are not tightened until meter is installed. Apply
Teflon tape to pipe threads before making connections.
Install pipe assembly (9) to meter (5).
Install nipple (8) to meter (5).
Locate mounting block (6), meter (5), and mounting bracket (3) on panel (10).
Insert four screws (7) through panel (10), mounting block (6), meter (5), and mounting bracket (3) .
Install four lockwashers (2) and four nuts (1) to mounting screws (7) fingertight.
Connect two pipe unions (4) to ROWPU piping.
Tighten four mounting nuts (1).
Check all pipe fittings for leaks.