TM 10461&21 5-24
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged, unrepairable, or unserviceable flowmeter assembly.
(2) Send replaced unusable raw water flowmeter assembly to next higher level of maintenance.
3-27. PRODUCT WATER FLOWMETER.
a. General. The PRODUCT WATER FLOWMETER shows the rate of flow of product Water purified by the
ROWPU. The meter has no external adjustments. This paragraph describes test and inspection of the PRODUCT
b. Removal. If necessary, remove product water flowmeter assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-70.
Be sure to attach water source to inlet port of meter, which is
marked IN. Running water backwards into the outlet port can
(1) Attach inlet port to water source with flow rate between 5 and 24 gpm (19 and 91 Ipm). Attach outlet
port to pipe leading to graduated 55-gallon (208 liter) drum.
(2) Run water through meter and into drum at a constant rate for 1 minute. Compare rate of flow shown
by meter with amount of water in drum. Amount shall not differ from meter reading by more than 1 quart (0.95
liter) per 5 gallons (19 liters).
(3) Repeat test three times. Compare the results.
(1) During test, inspect meter for leaks.
(2) Inspect glass meter tube for cracks.
(3) Inspect pipe threads and frame for damage.