(8) Bend tab of spindle tongue washer (30) down to lock outer spindle nut (31).
Tire and wheel assembly weight is 122 pounds (55.39 kg). Injury
can occur if caution is not used when replacing on hub.
(9) Carefully position tire and wheel assembly (24) on hub and drum assembly.
Right hand threaded lug nuts are to be installed on the curb side
hubs and left hand threaded lug nuts are installed on the road
side hubs. Thread rotation is marked on the stud; be sure left
hand threaded nuts are placed on studs marked with an L and
right hand threaded nuts are placed on studs marked with an R.
(10) Install lug nuts (22) and tighten finger tight.
(11) Using a standard lug nut wrench and handle available from a towing vehicle, tighten lug nuts (22) until
Lug nuts will not be fully tightened at this time.
(12) Lower axle assembly (23) until wheels are secure on ground or floor.
(13) Using the lug nut wrench and handle, securely tighten lug nuts (22).
(14) Raise assembly clear of ground or floor and check wheel for wobble by holding the wheel at two
opposite points, on line with the center. Push at one point and pull at the other, (both forces in line with the
centerline of the axle.)
(15) Countercheck wheel bearing looseness visually by manually trying to pull the wheel off the axle, then
immediately reversing the action by pushing the wheel further into the hub.
(16) Position hub cap gasket (29) and hub cap (27) to hub (28), then install washers (26) and bolts (25).
(17) Lower complete assembly to ground or floor.