2-68. CARTRIDGE FILTER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
To prevent injury, three persons are required to lift cartridge filter cage assembly from casing.
Lift cartridge filter cage assembly from casing. Place it upside down on a clean work surface.
Remove three nuts, six flatwashers, and three springs. Remove spider weldment.
Remove six nuts, three neoprene O-rings, and six flatwashers. Remove spider.
Remove 3 tie rods and 12 filter elements.
Remove 12 nuts, 6 neoprene O-rings, and 12 flatwashers. Remove three handles.
Remove O-ring from spider. Discard if damaged.
Remove and discard 12 gaskets from spider and 12 gaskets from spider weldment.
· Cement solvent may cause toxic fumes. To prevent personal injury, work only in well ventilated
area. DO NOT breath fumes for a long time.
· Cement solvent is flammable. To prevent fire or explosion, DO NOT bring open flame or sparks
· Cement solvent is caustic. To prevent burns, wear rubber gloves.
b. Casing Disassembly (General)
(1) Some casing disassembly procedures require the use of cement solvent for separation of parts. When
using cement solvent, heed the warnings above. If parts cannot be separated using cement solvent, replace the
assembly as required.
Cement dries quickly. Make sure parts are alined before cement dries.
(2) Some casing assembly procedures require the use of cement for connecting parts. When using cement,
heed the caution above.