R.O. PRESSURE TUBES MAINTENANCE (MODELS WPES-2 AND WPES-3) - continued.
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components with clean water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect end connector (39) for damage or deformity.
(2) Inspect end plate (30) for damage, excessive wear, and serviceability.
(3) Inspect end plug (33), permeate port (37), and concentrate port (29) for wear, proper fit, and serviceability.
(4) Inspect R.O. pressure tube (17) and studs for damage Replace as required.
Replace damaged components Replace all o-rings.
There are two end plate assemblies on each of four R.O. pressure tubes Procedure for both
end plates and all tubes is the same.
Coat o-rings and o-ring paths with a thin layer of silicone grease to reduce friction during
(1) Install filter element in R. O. pressure tubes (TM5-08580C-10/1, TO 40W4-13-21).
(2) Position concentrate port (29), in end plate (30) and install retaining ring (31).
(3) Install adapter (35) and o-ring (36) on permeate port (37).
(4) Install two o-rings (32 and 34) in end plug (33).
The two o-rings that fit in the end connector have different outside diameters. Feel Inside end
connector to find the large and small inside-diameter ends. Install large o-ring in large end of end
connector. Install small o-ring in small end of end connector.