WIRING HARNESS, W5(GENERATOR) REPAIR.
This task consists of
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Multimeter (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Refer to TM 43-0158/TO 1-1A-15 (Air Force) for Tools required to repair Cable Assembly.
Lockwashers and Tiedown Straps (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Refer to TM 43-0158/TO 1-1A-15 (Air Force) for Materials/Parts required to repair Cable Assembly.
Junction Box removed from ROWPU and Cover open (Paragraph 3-53).
(1) Disconnect wires (2) by removing screws (1) at termination points B (table, opposite page).
(2) Remove four nuts (3), lockwashers (4), flatwashers (5), screws (6) and cap (7).
(3) Remove tiedown straps (8) as necessary to release harness from clamps (15) and other wiring.
(4) Remove wiring harness (9) and gasket (10) from junction box (16).
(5) As required, remove nuts (11), lockwashers (12), flatwashers (13), screws (14) and clamps (15).
Clean wiring harness with a damp rag and allow to dry.
Inspect wiring harness in accordance with TM 43-0158/TO 1-1A-15 (Air Force).
Check wiring harness for continuity and shorts using table (opposite page) as guidance.
Repair wiring harness in accordance with TM 43-0158/TO 1-IA-15 (Air Force).