2-10. OPERATING PROCEDURES (Cont'd).
q. If residual reading is too low, turn stroke setting up to 8
(1) Allow unit to run for another 30 minutes, then repeat residual test (refer to step c for details of
(2) If reading remains low, raise stroke setting to 10.
(3) If reading remains low after another 30 minutes double check estimate of flow rate to ensure that range
adjusting valve is in correct position. Also, make sure that water pressure is greater than 15 psi.
(4) If range adjusting valve is in correct position and residual reading still remains low, increase solution
strength by adding enough calcium hypochlorite to raise one ppm per Table 2-2. If already at 10 ppm, add 10
ounces for 350-70 gpm, 37 ounces for 15-70 gpm or 0.8 ounces for 2-15 gpm.
(5) After desired chlorine levels are reached, go to Step r
Fill reservoir (1) with remaining by hypochlorite solution from mixing bucket.
Place cover on reservoir. No other action is required other than periodically sampling in accordance with TB-
MED-577 and FM 10-52-I and refilling reservoir as necessary, referring to steps g through I for mixing instructions
Hypochlorination unit should be able to produce following amounts of water from one reservoir full of, solution
(based on control valve being set at 5).