Descaling Procedure - Continued.
(17) Shut down unit and inspect for scale in outlet and branch
(18) If descaling is not adequate, repeat steps (12) through (17).
(19) When entire descaling procedure is completed, slowly add sodi-
um carbonate solution to descaling solution.
will froth and foam as sodium carbonate solution is added.
When solution does not foam or froth, and has turned yellow, it
is completely neutralized and may be disposed of in accordance
with local SOP.
BURNER FUEL SYSTEM.
This task consists of:
INITIAL SETUP :
Tool Kit from Accessory Kit
Brush, Varnish (item 1, Appendix E)
Cleaning Solvent (item 3, Appendix E)
Strap, Tiedown (item 10, Appendix E)
Engine and heat exchanger shutdown and cool.
Fuel hoses are easily damaged during removal.
inspected during reassembly. Replace all damaged
All hoses must be carefully
(1) Remove burner fuel can lid assembly (3) from fuel can or tool
box, as required.
(2) Clean all metal parts of lid assembly (3) with dry cleaning
solvent (item 3, Appendix E).