Table 6-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Shore Discharge System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
5) Replace oil level plug. Wipe clean oil
plug and area around plug.
6) Remove street elbow if installed previ-
7) Replace breather plug.
8) Wipe gear box and immediate area
Check and if necessary add fluid in main
Fluid level low.
winch reduction gear box as follows:
1) Remove oil level check plug.
2) Check oil level. Oil must be near bot-
tom of oil level check hole.
3) If #8-GL32HT or military equivalent oil
has to be added, remove oil fill plug.
4) Add oil into fill hole until half full. Oil
will drain into check plug hole.
5) Replace oil level check plug and oil fill
6) Wipe gear box and immediate area
Lubricate the following with No. 2 bearing
grease or military equivalent:
1) Ten bearings on levelwind traveler
2) Ten roller shafts on levelwind traveler
3) Two thrust bearings on band brake
4) Levelwind gear pump outboard bear-
5) Two bearings on winch hose roller.
6) Replace fluids in the following
(a) Levelwind reduction gear box
(primary for Barge 1).
(b) Secondary levelwind reduction
(c) Main winch reduction gear box.
(d) Two winch shaft bearings.
Change 1 6-9