Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
Service primary and fuel pump filters by
performing the following:
1) Shut off fuel tank supply valve on
2) Clean exterior of filter assembly.
3) Loosen setscrew on top of primary fil-
ter head. Remove filter and lower
4) Make sure all of old gasket material
(sealing ring) is removed from inside
5) Wash both filter head and lower base
in clean nonflammable solvent. Dry
with lint-free cloth. Make sure parts
are free of any lint, threads, dirt, or
matter that could plug fuel lines.
6) Lubricate new gasket (sealing ring)
with clean fuel oil. Install filter head.
Place new filter element on lower
body squarely against filter head and
7) On fuel pump, loosen screw in center
of housing. Remove round cover and
8) Clean sediment chamber in fuel pump.
Clean diaphragm; make sure it is not
torn, punctured, or otherwise dam-
aged. If not serviceable, replace with
9) Refit pulsator diaphragm and cover.
Tighten securing screw just suffi-
ciently to make a fight seal. Do NOT
use any sealant or lubricant on fuel
pump base/diaphragm/cover connec-