b. Repair. If a tank is punctured, use the oval sealing clamps supplied in the repair kit to make
The tank does not need to be drained to make these repairs.
(1) Determine the size of sealing clamp needed. If the hole or slit is up to 2 1/2 inches (6.35 cm) in
length, use the 3-inch (7.62 cm) sealing clamp. If the hole or slit is 2 1/2 to 4 inches (6.35 cm to 10.16 cm) in
length, use the 5-inch (12.7 cm) sealing clamp.
(2) If necessary, carefully enlarge the slit to slip the narrow side of the inside clamp through.
(3) Slip the inside clamp through the slit in the tank and rotate it to line up with the slit.
(4) Rotate the outside clamp to lineup with the inside clamp.
(5) Center both clamps over the slit, pull them together with the rope, and tighten the wing nut as
tight as possible with your fingers.
3-9. CALIBRATION AND REPAIR OF PORTABLE TDS METER.
The TDS meter is an accurate meter. With the exception of calibrating meter or
replacing meter battery, never attempt to service or modify instrument, nor
allow it to get wet since moisture will damage the meter.
a. Calibration. Perform a calibration check in accordance with para. 2-32c(4) each time before using
TDS meter. Whenever switching to or from seawater sources, meter must be recalibrated in accordance with
para. 2-32c(2) or para. 2-32c(3).
b. Battery Replacement (fig. 3-15):
(1) Remove bottom plate.
(2) Disconnect leads from battery.
(3) Install new battery and connect leads.
(4) Install bottom plate.
(5) Check calibration in accordance with para 2-32c.
3 - 33