If cable has a sealing grip at the other end, refer to paragraph
2-63 for installation of cable grip.
2-65. CLAMPS, CABLE/WIRE HARNESS
a. General. On the ROWPU, three types of clamps are used tO Secure wires and cables to the surrounding
assemblies. There are three different kinds of clamps, one kind in the junction box assembly, a second in the
control box assembly, and a third securing cables to the ROWPU frame. This paragraph describes removal,
inspection, and installation of each type of clamp.
b. Junction Box, Wire Harness/Cab e, Clamp. (Figure 2-72)
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
(1) Disconnect terminals of wire harness (2) from all junction box assembly components except power
(2) Cut and remove tiedown strap (1) on each cable clamp (6) through which the wire harness runs.
(3) If necessary, remove power receptacle from junction box assembly in accordance with paragraphs
2-60 or 261.
(4) Remove wire harness (2) from cable clamp (6).
Go on to steps (5) through (7) only if replacing the cable clamps
or junction box assembly.
(5) Remove one nut (3), one lockwasher (4), and one flat washer (5) from screw (7).
(6) Remove cable clamp (6) from screw (7).
(7) Remove screw (7) from junction box assembly.
c. Control Box Assembly, Wire Harness/Cable, Clamp Removal. (Figure 2-73)
(1) Disconnect terminals of wire harness (4) from all control box assembly components except power
(2) On each clamp through which the wire harness runs, remove one nut (1) and one lockwasher (2) from
(3) Remove screw (3) from cable clamp (5) and control box assembly.
(4) If necessary, remove power receptacle in accordance with paragraph 2-61.
(5) Remove wire harness (4) from control box assembly.
(6) Unsnap and remove cable clamp (5) from wire harness (4).