(20) Remove rotor shaft (18) from pump-end plate (16).
(21) Remove shim (19) from rotor shaft (18).
If rotor shaft is damaged it will not balance properly. Take care
not to bend rotor shaft when pulling bearing lockring.
(22) Use a bearing puller/press to remove bearing lock ring (20) from rotor shaft (18).
(23) Use a bearing puller/press to remove pump-end bearing (21) from rotor shaft (18).
(24) Remove bearing cover plate (22) from rotor shaft (18).
(25) Remove internal fan (23) by pressing it off rotor shaft (18).
Objects blown by compressed air can cause serious eye injury.
Always wear protective goggles when using compressed air.
(1) Blow out dirt inside motor casing with compressed air.
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(2) Clean dust and dirt from fins, rotor fins, inside fan cover, and both end plates with cleaning solvent Fed.
Spec. P-D680, and air dry.
(3) Blow out any remaining dust and dirt.
(4) Wash non-electrical metal components, including bearings, with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.