(13) Tighten setscrew (19) in hub of fan (7).
(14) Slip fan cover (6) over fan-end plate (9).
(15) Tighten four screws (5) on fan cover (6) and fan-end plate (9).
(16) Align conduit box (4) in place on motor casing (18) with two mounting holes.
(17) Install two screws (3) through conduit box (4) and motor casing (18).
(18) Hold conduit box cover (2) in place on conduit box (4).
(19) Install two screws (1) through conduit box cover (2) and conduit box (4).
(1) Secure motor to the test bench.
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electrical high voltage can cause serious injury or death. Some
tests performed in testing require power to be connected. Always
take proper measures to ensure personal safety.
Connect motor wiring to test bench leads.
Connect power and run motor with and without load.
Check motor for excessive vibration and fast temperature rise.
Disconnect from motor test bench leads.
MOTOR STARTER, 1 HP AND 1/3 HP.
General. The motor starters protect the electric motors from overheating, shorts, and overloads. Overload
relays are part of the motor starter and will remove power from the pump motors in case of a malfunction. This
paragraph covers the disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, reassembly, and test of the two smallest motor
b. Removal. If necessary, remove the motor starter from the junction box in accordance with paragraph 252.
(Refer to schematic, figure 1-12.)