If soft copper slug does not fall out, remove at step (19).
(18) Unscrew adjustment plug (30) and remove from switch case (5).
(19) If soft copper slug has not been removed, push small pin into tapped hole of setscrew in order to push
slug into adjustment plug hole. Allow slug to drop out of bottom of switch case.
(20) Remove drive screw (31) and cover retainer chain (32) from switch case (5).
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Clean all parts with soft brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(2) Clean all threads to remove all contaminants.
(3) Clean all surfaces for mounting diaphragm and gaskets.
(4) Particular attention should be given to piston, piston cylinder bore, and lower end fitting diaphragm
(5) Allow to air dry.
(1) Inspect switch case for cracks or fractures.
(2) Check all threads in switch case for damage.
(3) Check piston cylinder bore for chips, scratches, or cracks.
(4) Inspect piston for chips, scratches, and free movement in bore.
(5) Inspect diaphragm for tears, cracking, or holes.
(6) Check all hardware, screws, bolts, and nuts for damage, stripped threads, or stripped heads.