(2) Storage Site. Store the unit indoors if space is available. When the unit must be stored outdoors, store it
where the trailer or truck tires will not be in contact with oil or grease. The tires shall rest on a firm dry surface; use
planking under them if necessary.
(3) Spacing. Place the unit where it will be accessible for inspection and servicing and also provide a fire
1-5. INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT IN STORAGE.
a. Inspection. When equipment has been placed in limited storage, all scheduled preventive maintenance
services, including inspection, shall be suspended and preventive maintenance inspection shall be performed as
specified herein. Refer to AR 743-505.
b. Worksheet and Preventive Maintenance. Applicable forms listed in TM 38-750 shall be prepared for each
major item of equipment, when initially placed in limited storage, in accordance with scheduled intervals contained in AR
743-505. Perform required maintenance promptly to make sure equipment is mechanically sound and ready for
c. Operation. Operate equipment in limited storage long enough to bring it up to operating temperature and
ensure complete lubrication of all bearings, gears, etc. in accordance with the scheduled interval contained in AR 743-
505. Equipment must be serviced and in satisfactory operating condition before it is operated.
1-6. PREPARATION OF WATER PURIFICATION EQUIPMENT FOR SHIPMENT.
a. General. The water purification unit is supplied with a truck, trailer, and generator.
(1) Prepare truck for shipment in accordance with TM 9-2320-209-10.
(2) Prepare trailer for shipment in accordance with TM 9-2330-213-10.
(3) Prepare generator set for shipment in accordance with TM 5-5115-232-14.
b. Cleaning and Painting.
(1) Clean water purification unit as necessary.
(2) Remove all rust or corrosion.
(3) Paint all surfaces where paint has been damaged or removed (TM 6-15).
c. Inspection. Make a complete inspection of the water purification unit as described in table 4-1. Correct any
deficiencies noted or report them to higher authority.