(7) Grasp handle of filter seat and clamp hook assembly(7) and pull up until it catches and stays
open. Extend clamp hook to handle length (by about 1 inch) and lock in extended position.
(8) Let assembly fall to resting (original) position.
Arrow stamped on upper seat plate (8), near handle, shows direction of filter
seat and clamp hook (9).
(9) Tilt assembly until hook is free from lower seat plate (10).
(10) Remove and discard used filter tube (11).
c. Installation (Model No. 600-1).
(1) Place new filter tube (11) on assembly and rotate slightly to assure seating on upper seat
(2) Insert assembly into filter shell with hook and tube in hole of lower seat plate (10).
(3) Engage hook on underside of lower seat plate (10).
(4) Grasp handle of filter seat and clamp hook assembly(7) and pull up until it uncocks, allowing
holding spring to retract.
(5) Rotate assembly slightly to assure seating.
(6) Allow handle to go down so filter tube seat is on plate.
Upper seat plate on the filter seat and clamp hook assembly should be centered
on the tube thereby covering all of the center hole of the tube.
(7) With one hand on the handle of the filter seat and clamp hook assembly (7), and the other
hand on the filter tube (11), attempt to remove each assembly without tipping handle to one side and unhooking
(as shown in fig. 3-10).
If filter tube and seat and clamp assembly can be removed without tipping
handle to one side and unhooking, the installation is incorrect. Pull hook from
handle to catching position and reinstall filter element.
(8) Make sure that cover seal O-ring (5) is correctly in place.
(9) Carefully replace cover (4) on cartridge filter. Avoid damage to O-ring (5) and plastic vent
(10) Swing the three eye nuts, washers and bolts up through the ears on cover brackets (3) and
tighten eye nuts (1) evenly until cover is fully down. Do not overtighten.
(11) Connect quick disconnect to vent (6).