Figure 2-50. Control Knobs
When no more bubbles can be seen in SODIUM HEX and CHLORINE hoses, calibrate the flow as
(1) Set the SODIUM HEX control knob to 2.6.
(2) Remove return hose from chemical container.
(3) Catch chemical in 100 ml graduated cylinder (Storage Box No. 3)
(4) Adjust control knob until you get 60 ml/min. flow and record setting for future reference.
(5) Calibrate chlorine flow in same way.
(6) Do NOT yet turn valves to RUN; leave them in PRIME position.
Leave CITRIC ACID control knob at maximum setting; no calibration is required for CITRIC ACID
flow. Valve remains in PRIME position throughout normal operation.
With both raw water pumps working, and the chemical feed pump running, set POLYMER pump
valve from PRIME to RUN. Set VENT MULTIMEDIA FILTER valve to CLOSE as soon as a full stream of water
flows out of vent pipe (located at bottom right-hand front of trailer, below R.O. pump belt guard).
There should be air venting out of the pipe as the multimedia filter fills, followed
by a steady stream of water when the filter is full. If not, the vent line is probably
blocked by a small piece of filter media. Remove vent line from filter and blow
compressed air through the line to dislodge the blockage.