Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
Wash motor with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
Remove rust and loose paint from motor. Prepare for repainting, if needed.
Clean rust from bolt threads.
Wipe cable terminals with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(1) Check motor case for damage. Send to Direct Support Maintenance for repairs.
(2) Check power cable for damaged insulation.
(3) Check cable end for bare wire and damaged terminals.
(4) Inspect mounting bolts for stripped threads and bent or broken shanks.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged or unserviceable pump motor.
(2) Send damaged or unserviceable pump motor to Direct Support Maintenance for repair.
(3) Replace damaged or worn cables and cable hardware.
(4) Repaint in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
f. Installation. (Figure 2-50)
(1) Slip shaft-to-pump coupler (10) over motor shaft.
(2) Tighten setscrew (20) in shaft-to-pump coupler (17).
(3) Insert plastic coupling insert (18) into pump coupling.
(4) Place pump motor (16) into pump and align mounting holes in pump and pump motor (16).
(5) Install four lockwashers (15) and four bolts (14) into pump and pump motor (16).
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
If conduit box (19) is in place, remove screws (1) and conduit
box cover (2).
(6) Slip cable grip (13) over cable.
(7) Insert tagged wires through hole in conduit box (19).
(8) From inside conduit box (19), slip cable grip nut (12) over wires and mount cable grip to conduit box