Remove tape (6) from each bundle of wires.
Mark each set of wires for ease of reassembly.
Remove nut (7), lockwasher (8), and flat washer (9) from screw (11) on each set of wires.
Remove all wire lugs (10) from screw (11) on each set of wires.
Remove nut (12) and grounding lug (13) from grounding stud (21).
Remove three bolts (15) and washers (16) from conduit box (22).
From inside conduit box (22), remove cable grip nut (14) from cable grip (17) and slide cable grip nut
(14) off wires.
(15) Slide the conduit box (22) over motor leads and remove the conduit box (22).
(16) Remove cable grip (17) and cable assembly from conduit box (22).
(17) Remove four bolts (18) and four lockwashers (19) from R.O. pump stand assembly and R.O. pump
Weight of R.O. pump is 251 pounds (1 12.95 kilograms).
Attempting to move it without proper equipment could cause
serious injury. Hoist motor with equipment rated at one ton (0.91
tonne) or greater.
(18) With proper equipment, remove R.O. pump motor (20) from R.O. pump stand assembly.
If motor is to be sent to DS/1 Maintenance for repair, replace nut
(12) on grounding stud (21), and replace gasket (4) and conduit
box cover (3) on conduit box (22) with four screws (1) and
lockwashers (2). Retain power cable assembly and cable grip for
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Clean motor with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 and a steel brush.
(2) Remove rust and loose paint from motor.
(3) Prepare for repainting, if necessary.
(4) Remove dirt and rust from screw and bolt threads.
(5) Wipe power cable and cable terminals with cleaning solvent P-D-680.
(1) Inspect motor for damage to case.
(2) Inspect cable for breaks in insulation and rubber cover.
(3) Check cable ends for bare wire, damaged plugs, and terminals.
(4) Check screws and bolts for stripped heads and threads. Check for bent or broken shanks.