Disassembly and Assembly
Valve Cover (3306)
Remove Valve Cover (3306) 1107-011
1. Loosen clamps (2), and slide the hose off breather
cap (3). Remove bolt (1), the breather cap and O-ring
seal from valve cover (5).
2. Remove pipe (4) between the turbocharger and
3. Put an alignment mark on the turbocharger housing
and cartridge to show their angle relationship to each
other for assembly purposes.
4. Loosen clamps (6) and (8). Rotate turbocharger
housing (7) so that the opening for pipe (4) is in a vertical
5. Remove the bolts that hold the valve cover In
position, and remove valve cover (5). If necessary,
remove the gasket from the valve cover.
Install Valve Cover (3306) 1107-012
1. Install a new gasket on the valve cover if needed. Put
5H2471 Cement on the contact surfaces of the valve
cover and gasket when
2. Put the valve cover in position on the cylinder head,
and install the bolts that hold it. Tighten the bolts in the
numbered sequence shown to a torque of 11 + 3 Nm (8
± 2 Ib. ft.).
3. Rotate turbocharger housing (1) to its original
position, and tighten clamps (2). Tighten the clamps to a
torque of 14 + 3 Nom (10 + 2 lb. ft.).